Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Treating myself right....

Tomorrow I turn 28! A momentous occasion!

Ever since I was little, people would ask me what I wanted for my birthday, and I honestly never knew what to say. Not only do I have some, ahem, esoteric interests, but I always have trouble putting what I want into words. Of course, that means that people will go with the safe, boring birthday present, which is the reason I got three separate candle sets for my fifteenth birthday.

I think I have trouble figuring out what kinds of birthday gifts I'd like to have because most of the things I really want, money can't buy. I want a teaching job, which money can't buy. I want to have more confidence, which money can't buy. I want to be able to do my own point-of-sale trade analyses at area supermarkets, which money definitely can't buy. OK, if you have enough money you could simply farm out the trade analysis from some marketing research corporation, but that would take a boatload of cash to actually pull off.

So I have decided that this year, for my birthday, I will treat myself to....

....get ready....

....drumbeats....

.....more drumbeats.....

......maybe even a gong.....

...a Starbucks iced coffee drink, laced with sugar, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream! It will be as overpriced as all get out and will make me feel twice as hot just to hold the disposable cup!

Then I'll go home and avoid washing the dishes, just for good measure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment