Friday, July 19, 2013

Birthday spoils

In honor of my birthday, I tried my very best to go throw caution to the wind this morning and waste some money on stuff I didn't actually need immediately. I really did try, but it was tricky.

First I went to Old Navy to look at shirts and quickly decided that the material of the chosen shirt was too flimsy for $16.94.

Then I went to Ross and almost bought my first pair of maternity pants. Not because I'm actually pregnant, but because they were sweatpants for $6.99. I decided that I had more dignity than that and did not purchase the pants.

Then I went to the Christmas Tree Shoppes and almost bought the makings of a cute summery centerpiece for our (bare) dining room table. But then I realized that I don't actually like nautical stuff, so I left empty-handed.

Then I went to Target. And found the back-to-school section.

Now if there's one thing Grace loves, it's office products. I love sticky notes, I love pens, I love rulers and protractors, and I love arranging it all so it looks pretty. Most of all, however, I love composition notebooks. I tend to jot down my thoughts either on a computer or in a notebook almost every day. When I'm feeling especially anal, I'll include an index in my notebook. It's actually quite useful. If I ever wanted to recall what my New Year's Resolutions 2012 were or what the heck I was thinking when I developed my own Suburban Growth Flowchart I can turn to page 13 or whatever and go to town. Anyway, I'm rambling. I just love composition notebooks.

I walked out of Target with eight cheap-o composition notebooks, one dry-erase board for my side of the office, new dry-erase markers to replace the ones ruined when my kid who eats everything ate my old dry-erase markers, and some chalk for the kids to use next week. My duty is done. Now I'll regress back into Scrooge until next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment